Mac studio fix fluid review - worth £22?

So I did it, I bit that Mac bullet and after watching mountains of Youtuber's say how amazing this foundation is I finally tried it out for myself. I'm in the shade NC15 which is a very light shade and was promised a full coverage foundation, now I don't know what full coverage means to most people but to me it means covering all my imperfections and even my freckles if I desire. I was expecting a lot more for my money, the fact the packaging is in a screw lid bottle that you have to tap on your hand to get the product out really annoys me, please Mac give me a pump bottle! I don't have the time in my day to sit banging a bottle on my hand, getting my hand covered in foundation and then being in a mess, I'd rather have a pump bottle to make everything just quicker and easier. Now the formula is fantastic the shade matches my fair skin perfectly and once on the back of my hand it doesn't drip or run like most foundations. It is a thick formula however, I would have thought this would of given me a better coverage, I don't know if this is just how me personally or if this is a problem in general that it really didn't cover up my freckles or even spots when I had them and for £22 I'd expect it to do this, especially considering it's marketed as a full coverage foundation.  I apply primer before application and found the best way to apply this foundation is with a beauty blender, using a brush is a nightmare and no matter what brush I used I had streaky lines on my cheeks so I'd definitely recommend using a beauty blender for this foundation. The bottle lasted me around 2 months which is about average for me as I don't wear make up everyday. 
The only major flaw for me is still the packaging, I'd love a pump bottle for this as It would go further and I could actually dispense an even amount, as sometimes when I bang the bottle on my hand I'm left with too much and have to wipe away which is money essential going in the bin.
I guess the real question is now is it worth It's £22 price tag and is it better than drugstore foundations? 
I would say for something to use on special occasions instead of everyday wear, yes It's worth the price tag.  But for everyday wear I'd recommend drugstore foundations as these last longer and are probably a half or a third of the price tag. 
One I would recommend is the Rimmel wake me up foundation this is a great all round foundation and is roughly around £9.




where can you find Mac studio fix online?



Comments

Popular Posts